Medical Identity Theft Ordeal
Preventing Medical Identity Theft
Monitor your insurance claims to make sure they are accurate. spotting a suspicious medical claim may be the easiest way to catch medical identity theft early. Now here are six more tips to help guard against identity fraud in general:
1. Be Vigilant: Regularly monitor your bank and credit card accounts. Set up alerts to both e-mail and a mobile device.
2. Protect Personal Data: Don't provide sensitive financial information over the Internet or phone unless you initiated the interaction with a trusted entity.
3. Move Online: Cancel paper invoices, bank statements, and checks and replace them with electronic versions.
4. Check Who Is Watching: Be mindful of your environment and who may overhear or see sensitive information.
5. Guard Liability: Use credit and debit cards from financial institutions that provide no liability if a card is used without authorization.
6. Employ the top of the line Identity Theft Shield from Pre-Paid Legal Services. The Value outweighs the cost.